Sunday, September 16, 2007

Boji Stones by Sandra Cox

I'm pleased to finally get back to my Monday Interview/Mini-review. My guest author today is Sandra Cox and I'll be reviewing her Cerridwen Press book, Boji Stones. Sandra was gracious enough to answer my nosy questions so we'll dive right in and meet her.

1) If you could start over with your writing career, what if anything would you change?
If I could change anything it would be not having waited so long to hook up with writing chapters. I tried to go it on my own for many, many years. Partly because I really didn't know what resources were available and partly because I was afraid I wouldn't measure up. I really missed out. Writing chapters are a wonderful source of knowledge and support. I have made some incredible friends including froggies from the pond--our own particular support group led by our wonderful Cerridwen editor Helen Woodall.

2) What was the best piece of advice you received regarding the life of a writer?
No matter how many rejections you get, never give up.

3) If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
John F. Kennedy

4) If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?
Remington Steele. Do you remember that series? Pierce Brosnan, what a hottie!

5) What do you want to be when you grow up?
A successful, self-supporting writer.

6) In the next century, what do you hope people will remember you for?
My writing and support of animal rescue and animal rights.

Thanks for having me Anny and much success to you.

Boji Stones by Sandra Cox from Cerridwen Press

When I began Boji Stones I wasn’t sure what to expect. That in no way kept me from enjoying this exciting story, full of twists and turns, complete with two handsome heroes, an evil megalomaniac, and the funniest southern belle Barbie doll to come down the pike in quite a while.

If I read Sandra’s intentions correctly, then we will see more of the Barbie doll in future stories. I hope so. There is more to Miss Barbie Doll than meets the eye.

When the story opens, the heroine, Marnie wakes in the hospital after someone has run her car off the road. The accident was bad enough that she was injured seriously. When she regains consciousness her immediate concern is to find her amulet which is missing. Once the amulet is located by her nurse and back in her possession, she begins to heal rapidly—so rapidly that within hours she is able to check herself out of the hospital.

Let me just say at this point that there is more than one scene in a hospital in the story and Sandra’s portrayals of the nurses are wonderful. Heh. Think Nurse Riker meets Hulk Hogan. Yeah, now that’s what I’m talking about. These ladies don’t let anything get past them.

From the time she leaves the hospital until the end of the book, Marnie is fighting a battle for her life as well as possession of the amulet. I was very pleased with the ingenious characters Sandra peopled the book with. All of them are unusual and most have the saving grace of a sense of humor.

I recommend that you immediately drop by Cerridwen Press to buy your own copy of Boji Stones so that you can enjoy this entertaining story. I also look forward to the next adventure in this series. I especially want to find out what new mischief Miss Barbie Doll gets into!



Anny


Don't forget to stop by Kelly's page at http://www.kkirch.blogspot.com/ to find out what were-bunny hole she's tossed us down this time. And then skip over to Amarinda's page at http://www.amarindajones.blogspot.com/ to check out her interview and see what she and the pirates are up to as they prepare for the annual Talk Like A Pirate Day.

4 comments:

  1. I loved Remington Steele! And I adore Pierce Brosnan. Did you see him in The Thomas Crown Affair...whoa! Clearly you are a woman of great taste Sandra

    Excellent interview as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me, Anny.
    And, Janet, Oh yes, Pierce Brosnan is the man:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to your "red" words you and I are Pirates, Anny. Arrrr! Or at least Jane and Quinn are.

    Love the Boji summary! Will have to check this one out. Great job you two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what happens when you're very, very tired, Kelly. I guess we're all pirates!

    And Remington Steele was my man a long time before those other sissy boys came along on TV. I'll watch almost anything that Pierce Brosnan is acting in. Loved the Thomas Crown Affair.

    ReplyDelete