Thursday, June 9, 2011

Keep smiling...

When I was a kid, we were not encouraged to frown, sulk, pout, cry, whine...well you get the drift. I'm not against that general philosophy. I believe crying is important--for the serious stuff. But for the most part, I'm pretty much a pull-up-your-big-girl-panties and get on with life type.

But there are days...

As an adult, we have fewer people to whine and pout around. Most of us have our own share of life's difficulties to deal with. And frankly, we take so much time feeling sorry for ourselves that there's really not time to feel sorry for someone else...unless the disaster is soooo huge it draws us out of our little closet of despair.

The thing is if you're used to keeping a stiff upper lip, after a while, that lip sort of atrophies and then one day--boom! The lip droops and you just can't get it stay up there where it belongs! This has been of great concern to me. My lip is starting to droop here and I sure don't want to walk around with an upside down smile on my face.

After some contemplation on the problem I've come up with the perfect solution. Once a month we should have a pity party day. Since it's my solution, I get to pick the day. I think the fifteenth is a good day...

On the fifteenth of the month we can all come together and list our grievances, the bad stuff we're dealing with, the terrible stuff that's bugging us... whatever is dragging us down. And then when we're done, we can go back to business as usual. You know--that keep smiling stuff that we do the rest of the time. Right?

So hang in there. The fifteenth is right around the corner.

anny

3 comments:

  1. At first I thought those were cookies!

    I agree; a pity party every now and then is a good thing. But there are people who do it every day and I tend to avoid them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! A little pity party never hurt anyone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll pass the pity party as no one really wants to hear anyone elses problems but their own

    ReplyDelete