Friday, April 13, 2012

Handicap

There aren't enough parking spots close to the door...any door.

Asking someone else to bring you stuff sucks after the first half dozen times. Then you decide to do without.

Stairs are torture devices invented by sadists.

Hip-hopping is over-rated. Staying put is better.

Handicap bathrooms should be tested by handicapped folks before they're opened to real life users. 90% of all handicap bathrooms are useless. USELESS!!!

Cars, trucks, SUVs are not designed for handicapped folks. Actually, they're not designed for anyone over 120 pounds or those who are under 5'2". 

Finally...while out and about, I received absolutely fabulous service from the folks at Panera's and Wal-Mart. Thank you folks for all your assistance and willingness to go out of your way to help!

4 comments:

  1. I soooo hear you on the 1st one! When I was ordered off my feet in 2004 (pregnancy bed rest) and again last October (twisted left ankle and possible stress fracture in right foot), it drove me crazy listening to 'can't you get it yourself Mom?' after day #2. I learned to get things myself or do without. They 'forgot' I was supposed to be off my feet as much as possible. SHEESH!

    And so glad Panera and Walmart were helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems the helpful have fallen by the wayside, so I'm thrilled you found people in 2 places.
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do something about it Anny. Start a fight to get the handicapped better services.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are right...There should be more and people who need it should have proper access and such.

    ReplyDelete