Thursday, September 6, 2012

Glow in the Dark

The other day I was talking to a friend about a particularly dark time in my life. She asked, "How did you get through it?"

I'll tell you. My personal pinpoints of light in the darkness--friends, family, faith. Life has a lot of "valleys of the shadow of death". Often they're black, so black we can see no way out--except for the lights in the distance held up by those around us who care enough to illuminate the way. Their words of encouragement...their occasional push in a new direction...their helping hands in the midst of disaster, were the necessary boosts I needed to reach the end of the shadows.

Never take for granted the importance of encouragement. In the darkness, pinpoints of light shine so much brighter.

Reach out. Light a candle for someone. Let your light shine.

anny

3 comments:

  1. I believe in encouragement but I also believe you have the power to save yourself through natural fortitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I come with a lighthouse strapped to my back...damn, it's heavy! Be positive, sweetie...it'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete