Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New home

After the moving... you have to settle in and re-invent your space. I'm still not settled in, but it's getting there. This is, of course, my computer desk. As you see, I have a window I can look out if I wish. Plus a nice big comfy chair, a sun lamp, and assorted bits and pieces on my desk.
Here is the fishy part of the fish lamp. Isn't he pretty? He brightens up that part of the room. We all need bright spots in our surroundings. Somehow if we can look at one nice spot in a room or even apartment, that spot can keep us sane and motivated. If there are no bright spots its easy to get discouraged and downhearted. So Mr. Fish is my bright spot.
Here you can see Mr. Fish's corner. I've since moved that vase of flowers out of the way so I have an unobstructed view of Mr. Fish. After all, what good is a bright spot if you can't see it?

Sometimes I think our lives are like that. We have bright spots, but we're so busy piling up the extraneous, cluttery details of life in front of them we just can't see them.

I know I complain about my allergies, but forget that I'm blessed with the ability to breath. My feet and knees hurt, but I'm still able to walk. I'm tired, but have a comfortable bed to sleep in every night. How many other bright spots am I missing because I'm sweating the small stuff?

In the last week, I've learned a lot about sweating the small stuff. There are some people out there whose problems are much bigger than mine. In the mean time, I retreat to my office, look out my window, and dream bright dreams for the future.

anny

8 comments:

  1. That is so nice, professional and organized...I use the dining room table and yet it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog, Anny.
    And I've got to say, your office looks a lot cleaner, brighter and neater than mine:) I'm a mole in the basement..though I do have two not completely clean windows to look out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I love the fish lamp. He's very cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fish lamp! And the bright spots are pretty bright when you stop to think about them, aren't they? I'm on my couch with my laptop, looking over at Spot, my laughing gargoyle--he always makes me smile, too. His pic is on my website, for those who haven't seen him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anny,
    Your blog always brightens my day! I love the fish lamp!

    ReplyDelete