Friday, September 6, 2013

School Days

Awwww. Summer's over. School's started in most places. The rush is on. Schedules change. Homework and sports fill the afternoons.

Post-teens march off to college and university. It seems like the whole world is centered around school schedules. Football begins. Yes, fall is here!

When I talk to current-day students about school, their descriptions of school bear absolutely no resemblance to my own memories. Have I just forgotten the reality of it? Or is the experience that changed?

I recall a time when academic excellence was more important than the latest hairdo or celebrity. I wonder if my memories are correct?

anny

1 comment:

  1. Um...do you recall the show "Hairspray"? I went to high school from 1959 to 1963...academics were important to ME, but hairdos and flared skirts were more important to many of my pals.

    ReplyDelete