Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Where do you get your ideas?

Brainstorming. You think of a crazy idea. Pitch it to your critique partners. Let them shoot holes in it. Then you slap patches on the holes. And THEN you write it down.

There ya go!

Actually, I do something similar to that. Ideas--especially offbeat ones like mine--need a steady hand on the critique pen to make sure they don't get too far out in left field. So when I think I have a wonderful unique idea, I run it by my partners. And sometimes they shoot it down. But that's probably a good thing.

There is a certain limit to the craziness for each genre. Of course if no one ever pushed the envelope we wouldn't have most of the sci-fi, fantasy, and paranormal stories that are the current craze. Obviously, there are a lot of authors with crazy ideas.

What's your favorite crazy idea book or series?

For a sample of my newest crazy idea, check out my new WIP excerpt (Link for my Weekly WIP Excerpt page is on the upper right!)

anny

Don't forget to drop by this evening at my chat! All the info plus the link is in the upper right corner!

2 comments:

  1. oooh, almost forgot the chat! And I love your crazy ideas. They're fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live for crazy ideas. Got one off the news about ebay;)

    ReplyDelete