Monday, January 17, 2011

Flat

Yep. That's me. I'm working my way through first edits for Phantom's Rest and I'm definitely feeling flat. Not because the edits are so extensive, but simply because no matter how many times we go over our work before we send it off to our editors, there's always something we miss. Always.

Some of the bloopers are funny. Some are just plain what-was-I-thinking sad. I still have a few POV issues. And fixing those usually requires a bit of tricky footwork and extra paragraphs. But the number of flip-flops are going down.

So. Instead of nattering on today I'm going to shove off and finish my edits. Y'all have a good day.

anny

3 comments:

  1. Yup! Happens to the best of us! It's funny what our eyes miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Julia said. So true. We all go through this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The key is never to take it personally...it's just writing...not brain surgery

    ReplyDelete