Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Killer Smile

So. I had a dental appointment today to replace a crown with a cavity buried beneath it. And I've concluded the reason they call it a Killer Smile is because you damn near die from the pain incurred while getting it.

After MANY years, I've found a dentist who actually takes the time and care required to make sure I'm numb before he dives into the work. The fact that both he and his assistant are yummy looking guys is just a little lagniappe. BUT...then I have to go home. And the numby stuff wears off.

Pain.

Fortunately, I possess a variety of pain killers. And a comfy pillow on which to rest my head. By tomorrow the swelling will go down and the pain will fade. And I'll almost forget by the time I go back to the dentist.

Am I wuss? No doubt. But we all have flaws...and mine is the quest for the Killer Smile.

anny

2 comments:

  1. I had a bridge put in and no numbing. It wasn't painful until later, but believe me...when they do other work I get lots of numbing. I'm a wuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lagniappe - oh nice word. I like that. Sorry about the ouchies though.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete