Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary--Dancer's Delight


About eighteen months ago, I submitted a book to Ellora's Cave/ Cerridwen Press. And wonder of wonders, it was accepted. I was offered a contract, much to my amazement. It was my first book. Through some scheduling magic, it was released second, after Chrysanthemum, but this is truly my very first book. Dancer's Delight is the first of several books that take place in Mystic Valley. The others--a prequel, Everything Lovers Can Know and Traveller's Refuge and Cherished Destinies are available now from Ellora's Cave. The next in the series, Love Never-Ending is coming soon.

This book was my dream come true. That doesn't mean that I love the other books I've written any less. It just means that you can never repeat the wonder and amazement of the first one again. I'm always excited about a new book contract and release. As a matter of fact next Friday I have a new release, Kama Sutra Lovers. It will be my ninth book released in a little over a year. I can tell you... a writer never reaches a point when that's not exciting. Never. But this was my first one.

As part of the celebrations for our new releases, Amarinda and I are launching The Amarinda and Anny Contest

What could be better than kicking back with a good book? Winning two books - one from Amarinda Jones – Knock Three Times and one from Anny Cook – Kama Sutra Lovers. Fantastic. You want more? Be the envy of all with two hand made hair piks to adorn your locks. But wait – there’s even more! How about munching on a delicious care pack of Aussie treats? One lucky reader will win all of this.

How do you win this fantastic prize? Go to www.annycook.com and
www.amarindajones.com and answer an easy question -

If trapped on a deserted island what two things could Anny and Amarinda not live without? The answers can be found on the websites. As soon as you have them email

amarinda_jones@yahoo.com.au with your answers – there will be 4 in all.

The contest starts 18th July and closes midnight 23rd July 2008 (USA EST). The first correct entry drawn at random will win the prize. Good luck.

14 comments:

  1. Well happy book day to you. I suck at dates so I have no idea what book anniversary has passed or is to come. I am a bad, bad writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there's nothing like a first book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in full agreement. Congrats on NINE and the very first baby to leave your hands for the big world of publishing. Well done Anny. Now don't leave us hanging there are other books left for you to write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait until next Friday when I'll have my own copy of Kama Sutra Lovers. Wow..what a wonderful milestone you've reached, darlin'. Doesn't get much better, does it??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary:) Just finished reading DD again yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on all your wonderful accomplishments, Anny. And I must say the contest sounds like loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the publication of all your wonderful books, Anny. May you publish many more in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WooHoo! Congrats & confetti on your 18 month anniversary :)
    I can't wait for Karma Sutra Lovers to cum (er Come) out ;)

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Dancer's Delight. I became totally hooked on the Mystic Valley world from that book. I've never seen such an original and wonderfully developed alternate world as that of Mystic Valley.

    And you're right about first books. My first release has not sold nearly as much as my subsequent ones, but it and its hero will always be very special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary Anny! Cheers to many,many,more..:)

    Hugs, Danette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! And the excitement never stops, does it! The first was incredible - and I'll bet the ninth is too. :)

    Vicky Burkholder

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary. I loved the excerpt that was posted on the Chatting With Joyfully Reviewed group. I've added the story to my TBB list. The only thing better would be to win it! :>D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of suspense and I loved it. But then I love all your writing, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've had such an amazing year, Anny, hug congratulations on your success. And yep, already know that Kama Sutra Lovers is headed for the wish list.

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete