Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bless the Children...

Time out to discuss something serious. A bit south of here, thousands of people are suffering in the aftermath of a series of earthquakes. When you talk to people they say they feel bad, they wish they could do something to help.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cb_haiti_earthquake
Well if you're one of those people, I have good news for you. You CAN help. It's really simple. You can do it on-line. Just log on to the Red Cross site and donate.

Former President Clinton said tonight that as little as five dollars is just as important as the huge donations. There are doctors working without such supplies as aspirin, gauze, tape, just the basic supplies. Don't make excuses. Just do it.

anny

4 comments:

  1. I am always reminded how lucky I am at times like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Haiti. What you read about structures being unsafe to begin with doesn't give a clear picture of what it's like. I can't begin to imagine the devastation this caused.

    Good for you for encouraging people to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a horrible situation down there. I can't imagine how they're dealing with it.

    Every day I thank my blessings.

    ReplyDelete