Happy Valentine's Day! There are a lot of people out there who think Valentine's Day is for lovers. I'm not one of them. I think Valentine's Day is an opportunity to share the love you have for your family, friends and even total strangers. Limiting love to one person isn't in the spirit of Valentine's Day. That's just wrong. In my family, everyone received a special Valentine with candy and a card at the breakfast table. We all knew we were special. How about you?
I won a stylish blog award last week from Berengaria Brown and am supposed to pass it on. I'm supposed to link back to the person who gave it to me, tell 7 secrets and choose some people to pass it on to.
First of all, here's the link to http://berengariasblog.blogspot.com/ . Check out her blog! She has all sorts of things on there, including some really hot books.
Second: Seven things about me. Hmmmm.
1) I am not a morning person. I function, but don't talk to me until around noon.
2) I am primarily hermit by choice. I'm one of the rare individuals who could happily live all alone in the woods, seeing another human...oh about every six months.
3) I live very contentedly with the characters in my head. We play dress-up and invent incredible adventures.
4) Writing is the way I choose to share the tamer of my internal adventures. Now...spend some time imagining what the others I don't share must be like.
5) I very rarely watch television or movies (by choice) because I find them boring. There are a few exceptions... Dances with Wolves, The Postman, and Bad Day at Black Rock. The movies I watch have nothing to do with the actors, but rather the stories.
6) I read about fifteen or twenty books a week. Some are new. Most are re-reads that draw me back through the author's use of language or their inventiveness in storytelling.
7) I despise boiled okra.
Now...who shall I choose to give this blog award to?
Cindy Spencer Pape
Hope y'all have a wonderful day!