Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day AND Stylish Blog

Happy Valentine's Day! There are a lot of people out there who think Valentine's Day is for lovers. I'm not one of them. I think Valentine's Day is an opportunity to share the love you have for your family, friends and even total strangers. Limiting love to one person isn't in the spirit of Valentine's Day. That's just wrong. In my family, everyone received a special Valentine with candy and a card at the breakfast table. We all knew we were special. How about you?

I won a stylish blog award last week from Berengaria Brown and am supposed to pass it on. I'm supposed to link back to the person who gave it to me, tell 7 secrets and choose some people to pass it on to.

First of all, here's the link to http://berengariasblog.blogspot.com/ . Check out her blog! She has all sorts of things on there, including some really hot books.

Second: Seven things about me. Hmmmm.
1) I am not a morning person. I function, but don't talk to me until around noon.

2) I am primarily hermit by choice. I'm one of the rare individuals who could happily live all alone in the woods, seeing another human...oh about every six months.

3) I live very contentedly with the characters in my head. We play dress-up and invent incredible adventures.

4) Writing is the way I choose to share the tamer of my internal adventures. Now...spend some time imagining what the others I don't share must be like.

5) I very rarely watch television or movies (by choice) because I find them boring. There are a few exceptions... Dances with Wolves, The Postman, and Bad Day at Black Rock. The movies I watch have nothing to do with the actors, but rather the stories.

6) I read about fifteen or twenty books a week. Some are new. Most are re-reads that draw me back through the author's use of language or their inventiveness in storytelling.

7) I despise boiled okra.

Now...who shall I choose to give this blog award to?

Barbara Huffert
Amber Skyze
Sandra Cox
Cindy Spencer Pape

Hope y'all have a wonderful day!

anny

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Anny!

    Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about Valentine's being for everyone you love. Some of my favorite Valentine memories are from my parents--little gestures, but something to show some love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, yuck. Boiled okra. I love fried okra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award, lovely Anny.
    And a very happy Valentine's to you.
    I like the card and candy at the breakfast table.
    And I may be living in the South but I haven't cozied up to Okra yet:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh!Thank you ladies! I so hope y'all had a great day! And if a bit of chocolate wandered by? Well, then, that's good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so agree about your outlook on Valentine's Day. I'm the same way when it comes to mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really! I'm retired. Why on earth would I want to be chirpy in the morning? That's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Fifteen to twenty books a week?? Man, does that make my reading load seem lite!! I am, like you, primarily a hermit. I do very well with other people in short spurts. I communicate with people much better via the written word.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE reading. I would have a hard time if I couldn't read...and no, listening to a book isn't the same for me, at all.

    ReplyDelete