Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday, Monday...

It's been a busy weekend even though I've accomplished very little. My self-imposed solitude finally drove me crazy so I went to my author's loop and instigated a friendly excerpt challenge. We posted excerpts that had SUMMER scenes in them. It's rained here for about a week now and I wanted something that evoked summer memories.

As usual, I was stunned by the incredible talent we have in our group. The variety was astounding. About once a month someone starts an excerpt challenge. It's always refreshing and invigorating to display little clips of your work for your peers. I usually come away with a new outlook.

Tomorrow, I'll be back at the computer working on a holiday story for the Christmas season. Since it's in the seventies here and sunny, I'll probably put on some Christmas music CDs and light a couple of candles to get in the mood. The thing about writing is that you're usually two seasons off from reality. I wrote a book that had swimming in a waterfall last winter. Ah, well. Such is life.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring my cam locks in the mail so that I can assemble my book cases and put things away. Until then, I just have a pile of boxes sitting in my "office" taking up room. It's interesting--I will vegetate in clutter up to a certain point. Then it reaches critical mass and I have to stop and declutter and straighten up so that I can concentrate. I'm getting close to that point. It we have a couple days this week that are warm enough to open the patio door and windows... well, this place will be vacuumed and cleaned until my friend Jane won't recognize it.

Shhh. Maybe I'll even put some of the plants on the balcony outside and thin down the house hunk's jungle to a dull roar. The bamboo is about three feet high. I think it would like some real sunshine and fresh air. Don't you? And surely the gardenia would like to be outdoors. Sure it would.

Mondays are a new beginning for me. Yes, Amarinda, I know that Mondays are pukeable, but Monday is my day when the house hunk goes back to work and things settle back to normal. So my Friday is your Monday. Ack!

Charge!

Anny

Check out the women! Amarinda, Kelly, and OhGetAGrip!
Blessings on your day.

5 comments:

  1. Don't be fooled. I always recognize it as "home".

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...can't imagine Friday being pukeable...I think there's a law against that. And bamboo? Whoa! It can take off and invade big time. I can just picture your home as a jungle.

    I took a squiz at some of the posts from the pond - excellent as always

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first days of fresh air. My porch door is protected so I had it open even in all of last week's rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back in the swing of things. And it was an awesome idea to spark the excerpt challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way with clutter, I can ignore it for a good long time, but there comes a point when it has to go:)

    ReplyDelete