Thursday, May 28, 2009

Midnight Hour

It's called a mixed up biological clock. I've always been a night person. Inevitably, the house hunk is a morning person. And never the twain shall meet.

If I watched television, I suppose it would be understandable, but since I don't, then there are other things to occupy me. Reading. Beading. Writing. Even internet chatting is I find someone else awake. If all else fails, there is always Solitaire.

But when midnight rolls around, the eyes get heavy and I can tell it's time to turn off the lights, shut down the computer and hit the hay. I start to yawn. My eyes blur. And the cat starts nudging me to get out of "her" chair so she can curl up and go to sleep.

In the morning I stagger around for the first hour, wondering what type of truck hit me. It doesn't matter whether I sleep five hours or ten hours. That's just who I am in the morning. Occasionally, there's sufficient reason for me to get up "early". I'm cranky for hours when that happens so I really try to arrange things so I don't have to get up early.

And food? Don't talk to me about food for the first hour. You can probably tell that I'm not a gracious hostess in the morning, huh? Coffee is my speed for the early morning.

So how about you? Are you a morning or a night person?

anny

10 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a morning person. Up at the crack of dawn, but don't talk to me for the first hour! I'm not the friendlist person. This is MY time. Once I've had my two cups of coffee you can talk to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I have to pick? I come from a long line of sleepers--we'll sleep any time! And staying in bed all night and all day sounds like the height of luxury.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more of a morning person though it takes me vast quantities of caffeine to get going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I finally managed to 'straighten out' my body clock. I used to be a night owl, but once the kids started school, I discovered it was nice to have the errands and daily stuff done by 2pm. And now it's hard to catch me awake past 11pm!

    Although, work-wise, I'll write anytime of the day or night when inspiration hits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need seven hours, no more no less. Must have coffee and don't even mention food to me until noonish. Lately I'm up till midnight but I am actually sharper mid morning so yeah, I'm more of a morning person as far as productivity goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm up at 4:15 a.m. just about every day and my alarm seldom goes off. I just get up at that time whether I go to bed at mignight or ten or whenever. My hub is like you: a night owl, not coherent until an hour or more after rising, and not happy to be up and moving no matter what time of day it is.

    Opposites attract, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hours sleep and I'm good to go...sorta...I'm neither a morning or night person. I sleep when it suits me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Night--which is why we sometimes chat while others are sleeping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely a morning person. I finally trained myself to stay in bed until 6:30 or 7:00 am. Poor hubby is a night person, but he's adjusted to my schedule over the years.

    ReplyDelete