Monday, May 4, 2009

Run, Don't Run

Over the weekend I read several paranormal romances. Mostly they had shifters and vampires and other things that go bump in the night. In every single one of them at some point, things between the hero and heroine heat up. The hero inevitably gets all fangy with weird glowing eyes and maybe starts to grow fur and in the midst of this changing, he growls to the heroine, "Don't run!"

Is he crazy?

What self respecting woman is going to hang around? Of course if she also gets fangy and hairy then I suppose she's used to the idea, but really... mostly, that's not happening.

Shouldn't he sort of prepare her ahead of time? Maybe give her a partial demo so she doesn't freak out when Mr. Yum-Yum turns into the Hairy Hulk? What kind of nonsense is that?

And she always stays there. No matter how freaky he gets, she hangs around panting and lusting and waiting for him to take her up against the wall. Nevermind that he sort of punches holes in the drywall while he's doing that. Sure and my landlord wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

Shazaam! You wouldn't see me for the dust. Seriously. When some naked dude with fangs and inch long claws starts stalking my way, well love is grand, but every woman for herself. Run!!!

anny

7 comments:

  1. ROFL!

    You do have a point. *g*

    Which reminds me...I saw the movie Wolverine on the weekend. It had some plot holes and was weak near the end, but I enjoyed it all the same. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often wondered that myself...Yeah, love is blind, but what happened to these heroines to accept this is 'normal'? Didn't their parents teach them anything?

    Hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Don't go in the house..."

    Hmmm, will have to go check for that particular idiocy in all my paranormals...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, no sh&t! It's like all those people who stay in haunted houses despite satanic voices that say - "get out"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to that, sister! Fangs just wouldn't entice me to stick around, no matter what! I'd be running right there beside you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this today? Perfect!

    So many good lines, but this one in particular:
    "No matter how freaky he gets, she hangs around panting and lusting and waiting for him to take her up against the wall. Nevermind that he sort of punches holes in the drywall while he's doing that."

    *snort*

    ReplyDelete