Friday, October 23, 2009

And your point is?

Blogging is a bit like taking potshots at grasshoppers at midnight. Anything you hit is purely accidental. The strangest things strike a chord with the readers and there's never any way to know what that might be.

The thing I find interesting is the least response is usually on the days when my blog counter indicates the most visitors. Odd. Is it a peer thing, I wonder? Do readers arrive, see that there are no comments and move on? Or is the blog that day really a dud? It's difficult to tell with no feed back.

Maybe we're all on such tight schedules that commenting is something we feel we can pass on because there are other things--more important things crying out for our attention. It's possible.

An acquaintance once told me that people might be intimidated by me. That they might be afraid to write a negative comment for fear that I would be angry. Hmmm. I haven't used my hatchet in years. It was such a pain in the ass to clean...and oil...and quite frankly, it was starting to weigh down a bit.

So I appreciate those of you who take the time to read my blog. I know very well you could go elsewhere. However, if you do have a couple minutes, drop me a line so I know you stopped by. And regardless of what you say, I promise not to dig my hatchet out of the closet.

Besides, I'd have to unstack all that other stuff in there to find it.

anny

9 comments:

  1. I just think people will comment or not so why worry? And use a sword Anny - lighter, more stylish and easier to clean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of people read and just don't comment for a plethora of reasons, I've had some people tell me they can't figure out the sign and others just aren't comfortable with it or have no desire to. That's my story and I'm sticking to it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Holds hands in air) I'm here every morning, Anny; sometimes nothing comes to mind and I return later in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like most folks, I think. I visit certain blogs. Somedays I leave a comment, othertimes, not. Just depends on if I can think of anything to say. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hatchets require you to get awfully close up. Still prefer my pink baseball bat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I come and read every day and usually do not comment as I am doing a read-by of blogs and trying to go through emails so I feel like I do not have time. There are very few blogs I comment on and it usually involves a contest. But that does not mean I am not interested and not thinkng about what I read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have days where either I can't think of anything to say, or if I can come up with a comment, it sounds silly and I don't want to post it!
    What about the good, old fashioned butcher knife? Readily available and fits in the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your blog regularly and love it

    ReplyDelete