Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Home, Sweet Home

There is something to be said for sleeping in your own bed. After three nights away, I was thrilled to stretch out in my soft comfy bed. I figure it will take a week or two for me to get rested up after my wild weekend at RomantiCon.

It was a weekend of increasing highs. Within minutes of arrival at the hotel, I met my former editor, H. She came all the way from Australia. Talking to her face to face was fabulous! H, you're as wonderful as I always knew you would be!

I renewed my ties with old friends--Cindy Pape, Bronwyn Green, Desiree Holt, Kaenar Langford, and Kelly Kirch. I finally met Regina Carlysle! And in a surprise appearance, Barb Huffert popped in at the book signing.

So many friends from the frogpond were there. It was wonderful to chat over coffee, drinks, or at meals. And there were other old friends from previous conferences...Cris Anson, Judy Mays, Ann Jacobs, Betty Hanawa... well, the list goes on and on.

This time we had the opportunity to spend time with the behind the scenes ladies and gents. Randy--you're the best! And Valerie and Martha, I was thrilled to be able to get to know you!

Of course, no discussion about RomantiCon would be complete without mentioning the Cavemen! As usual, they were very... hunky and perfect gentlemen.

At the book signing, Susilien,one of my most ardent fans showed up! It was such a pleasure to meet her. Yay! I still have a hard time realizing that I have fans!

And finally, I won an award at our publishers appreciation dinner. When they called my name, I kept looking around waiting for the woman to stand up. Then Cindy is urging me to stand up and receive my award. I was so floored. You just can't imagine. Anyway, the certificate says the award is for "Creative World-Building to Anny Cook for Love Never-Ending". Definitely, very cool. I also received a little trophy.

You KNOW I was excited!

When it was time to leave, I was a bit sad. And then there was the nine hour drive. But I arrived home safe and sound. And anxious to make plans for NEXT year!

anny

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This is another reason Dan wishes we lived closer to celebrate together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The award was well deserved, and yeah, my own bed felt pretty darned good last night! But I had such fun spending time with you and the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was awesome meeting you. I had a fantastic time. Hope you had a good trip back and can now rest a little. Then back to writing. LOL. I loved that you got such a good award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm so glad:) And congrats on the well deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I decided to make the trip and meet all of you in person. Finally, faces and voices to color the emails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award. I wish I lived close enough to attend. It sounds like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete