Friday, October 16, 2009

Lazy days of... winter???

It seems that Baltimore has leaped from summer directly into winter. I finally dragged my butt out of bed at 9:30 AM yesterday, sighing and yawning and then fell asleep over my computer at 2. What is it about cold rainy days?

We're supposed to have rain through Sunday. I'm considering just snoozing through the weekend and maybe I'll get up on Monday. There is something to be said for sleeping until you aren't tired anymore.

Last evening the house hunk asked me what I was doing. When I said I was reading, he asked why? It occurred to me that I'm taking less and less time to do the things I enjoy. Maybe that's why the writing is grinding to a halt. For me, writing is just one of the facets in my life and when I don't take time for myself, then the writing suffers.

So, this weekend I'm going to be lazy. Sleep late. Drink tea. Read a book or two or three. Draw a picture. Polish my toenails. Listen to Josh Groban sing beautiful songs. Live free.

Who knows what that might all inspire?

anny

5 comments:

  1. I think when you find yourself writing at 3am in the morning you have to consider if you're writing too much...but yeah rest...take a breather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's turned to winter here in RI too. Your weekend plans sound delightful! :) Enjoy and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mid-upper 40's here. I'm ready to hibernate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very good idea, Anny.

    ReplyDelete