Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Deceptions

If it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck... it's probably a duck. In the last few weeks I've dealt with some stuff in my life that's pretty much been ducky. I'm almost intelligent so even though several people have denied there's a duck stalking me, I've arrived at the unmistakable conclusion that there is indeed a duck--or three--out there in the shadows.

After all, ducks are difficult to hide. Flocks of ducks are noisy and their quacking is so distinctive that even the youngest, most inexperienced bystander can instantly identify them. So my duck stalkers hide in vain. I comfort myself with the knowledge that down the road a bright light will shine, picking them out of the shadows. And their true colors will be revealed.

anny

2 comments: