Sunday, June 7, 2009

Duct tape memoirs...

I once had a love affair with duct tape. There is nothing that you can't do if you have duct tape, string, and plastic trash bags. Of course, that was back when I was younger and full of hopeful ideals.

Then life happened. I grew up and realized that I was missing a few opportunities because I didn't have a Swiss Army knife and a box of paper clips. For my birthday, my house hunk rectified that problem and I was no longer deficient in my ability to solve any problem, right any wrong because I had it all.

Alas, my skills are no longer needed because everyone knows the great secret of duct tape now. Passing strangers carry their very own Swiss Army knives. Even the most unprepared individual can scrounge up a piece of string or a bent paper clip.

No, the only advantage I still have over the rest is the three plastic trash bags stashed in my purse. Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone. Or I'll be reduced to using my pistol.

anny

4 comments:

  1. I personally believe I can solve all problems with a nail file and a chain of safety pins...and a pissy attitude

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never have anything I need to fix stuff up. I'm forever in search of those handy little items, but I usually have a roll of duct tape. It works for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah but you still do have an advantage. Merely having the duct tape and Swiss Army knife isn't enough. You have to know how to use them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have only recently discovered I was breaking the law every time I took my tool kit--Swiss army knife, duct tape, paper towel, trash bags, etc. into a school to do bird programs. Sigh. Can't imagine how many little fix-its I'd have had to beg a janitor for, otherwise.

    Still argue a wrench or a broom handle is more of a weapon than my little knife. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete