Monday, March 29, 2010

Writer's Blox II

Very dark and gray this morning. I've been doing my own personal survey on whether the weather outside has any effect on writer's block. My survey reveals an interesting conclusion. I actually write better when it's rainy/gloomy/dark than when the sun is shining.

Hmmm. I wonder why that is?

Perhaps its a matter of feeling like I should be out and about, accomplishing shopping or something like that. Whereas if its raining, why would I want to go out anyway? I suppose that could be. I just found it interesting that I accomplish more writing on gloomy days.

It could also be that the "house" is quieter on gloomy days--even if everyone is home. There's something about a dark rainy day that dampens the spirits a bit. The kids tend to play quietly with their dolls or coloring. The adults tend to read or play computer games. Whatever is going on, its low key.

On sunny days there's more activity, whether the kids are home from school or not. Speaking of the kids being home--this entire week is their spring break, so we'll see how that works out.

In the meantime, while everyone is sleeping or doing their thing quietly, its time for me to take advantage of the silence and get to writing!

Blessings on your day!


anny

3 comments:

  1. interesting what you can figure out when you stop to ponder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pic. Been where that cat is:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the sun's come out today. People all around. Kids screaming. Oh, dear, what will happen when summer gets here?

    ReplyDelete