Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Laundry Math


It was laundry day today. Again. It seems to roll around with appalling regularity though we actually go to the Laundromat every 2.5 weeks. We average spending $40.00 a month to do laundry for two of us.

One of my readers asked why laundry was such a big deal for me. Today I added up all the pieces I washed, dried and folded in about two hours. This was laundry for a little over two weeks. Bras--17, panties--19, T-shirts/tops--18, jeans/pants--17, socks--19 pairs, gowns--6. That was my clothes. Not counting the house hunk plus sheets, towels, and two sweat jackets. If you multiply that by two, that's a lot of laundry. And by the time it's all folded, my shoulders hurt.

I never used to mind it so much when I could toss in a load whenever I wanted. I have to admit this is tougher. I really admire those men and women who are doing laundry for themselves plus a passel of children.

Anyway. Laundry done for another couple of weeks. Shopping done until the weekend. And then I spent the rest of the day hunting up receipts for income taxes. That's what we'll be doing on Thursday morning. It will be interesting to see how it all comes out.

If any of you out there are of the praying persuasion, I ask that you remember a little two year old boy named Kiashon. He had brain surgery to remove a tumor on his brain stem today and it didn't go well. As you might imagine his family (part of my extended family) is having a tough time tonight. The doctors aren't very encouraging about his prognosis.

All my blessings on y'all today.

anny

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about this little boy :( I'm thinking positive thoughts for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the little boy, Anny. Will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending Kishon and his family my very best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((HUGS)))) to Kiashon and his family. This is a tough time for them; prayers for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending up lots of good thoughts and prayers for little Kiashon and his family. How heartbreaking.

    Also, I'm glad I have my own washer and dryer. Laundromats are NOT FOR ME.

    I'm a fellow Crusader. *waves* Nice to 'meet' you.

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending thoughts your way for the boy and laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about Kiashon.

    The insurance issue and the 'pre-existing' conditions make me nuts. There is absolutely no excuse for every American not to be covered by health care. And not have to worry about pre-existing conditions. Did you hear that one of the many mine workers that has died in mines, knew it was an unsafe mine but had a child with a pre-existing condition and couldn't leave.
    Whoa....I'll hop off my hobby horse now:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Things have been good here lately. I'm happy. That has me worried. :)

    ReplyDelete