Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sunny Disposition

Some folks thrive on bad weather. Blizzard outside? Excellent. Pouring rain? Wonderful. Warm sunshine? Not so much.

I'm a contrarian and rebel. Weather doesn't do much for me, whether sunny, cloudy, hot or cold. As long as I don't have to go out in it. Yep. If I can watch it from inside in my controlled temperature apartment, then all is fine with my world.

I've lived in frigid climates. And tropical. And in between places. My favorite? Indoors.

I do go out. And if I have an appointment, the weather is immaterial. But my attitude may not be as sunny if I have to dash between the raindrops or snowflakes to get where I'm going. I'm may not have a warm personality if I have to fend off high temps and high humidity.

I've noticed that as I've aged, my internal thermostat has aged with me and no longer works. On a hot day outside, I have volcanic hot flashes. On a cold day, I can't get warm regardless of the number of layers I wear.

Indoors. That's my place. And I'll have a perpetual sunny disposition.

anny

1 comment:

  1. I just like weather. I think the only thing I'm not fond of are our Santa Ana winds- which we have now.

    ReplyDelete