Friday, September 12, 2008

Sinking for the third time...

Heh. Kinda an awkward position to be in, huh? Let's see. What did I do yesterday? I did research. Basketry, the black ash, antler baskets, plane tickets to Texas (incredible prices... really incredible--I think the planes must be made of gold), reeds, why condoms break, crafts for kids, how to make a hand loom, card weaving, and climate in North America in 500 BCE.

Oh, yeah, I wrote some. Finished Chapter Nine. Considered what I will put in Chapter Ten. And put some thought toward the next book. I'm in one of those moods where I "feel" like I should write a really deep and meaningful book. I usually get in these moods when I don't feel deep and meaningful. You know when you feel really irreverent so maybe you should pray?

Hmmm. So I'm standing on the river bank considering all the ways to get to the other side. For the life of me, I don't have a story in there anywhere. I can't think of a single clever, interesting idea. I can't even think of a single boring, stupid idea. Argggg!

Possibly, I have brain overload. Yep, that's it. I'm sure. Sooooo. I think I will take Saturday off and meditate. If I find an idea... perhaps I need inspiration.

anny

7 comments:

  1. Meditation, good. Stress, bad. Sounds like you're ready to give a college lecture on the subjects too. I'm putzing around when I should be writing. You put me to shame, my dear. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always believed you spend too much time thinking and worrying - just write

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOunds more like you should write something fun and frivoulous. More Camelot, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, that was meant as a shameless plug to get you to write more of my favorites--not intended in any negative way at all. I really shouldn't be allowed to type before caffiene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been busy. :D I recently checked into airfare to fly to Florida. I'm still reeling from the sticker shock...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it cheaper to drive anywhere now? Or are they about the same, when you factor in food and motel costs as well as the gas? Just wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe a few days off and an idea will strike. That always seems to help me.

    ReplyDelete