Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Be My Valentine

Would you like to win free stuff? For the entire month of February I'm running a series of scavenger hunts on my webpage. Very simple. Answer the clues--all the answers are on my website. Each week a new set are displayed. Check out the contest box at http://www.annycook.com/

If you're into spectacular jewelry, then Kelly's contest is the one for you. Time for Love is first to release by Cerridwen on Valentine's Day and Marriage Mart by Resplendence is on March 11th. So here's the deal:

The RP book is a Regency where the heroine does not want to be married, but her betrothal is set. She does everything in her power to stop the plans, including her attempt to pass herself off as a young lord (Marriage Mart, RP 3/11/08).

In 300 words or less, send me a true story about the craziest thing you did to get a crush's attention or to rid yourself of someone else's crush.
Send entries to
KellyKirch@Gmail.com with "Kelly's Contest" in the subject line. Contest ends midnight February 14th. Time is running out!!! Get yours in ASAP. See Kelly's blog for a picture of the beautiful necklace at http://www.kkirch.blogspot.com/



What could you spend an eternity doing? What is your passion? Your hunger? Your deepest desire? Each day beginning February 5 and running through February 14 one of the ten authors will complete the line, "My darling I could spend eternity…" on either their blog or website. Collect all ten answers and e-mail them to anny@annycook.com with Eternally Yours in the subject line to win some hot, romantic books. There will be three lucky Valentine winners.

The prizes –1st prize--5 books

2nd prize--3 books

3rd prize--2 books
Entries must be in by February 16 at midnight EST. All books and prize winners will be drawn randomly.


Sandra Cox Silverhills
Mona Risk To Love a Hero
Brynn Paulin Tribute For the Goddess
Bronwyn Green Mystic Circle
Cindy Spencer Pape Stone and Earth
N.J. Walters Seduction of Shamus O’Rourke
Elyssa Edwards Mating Stone
Amarinda Jones Shades of Gray
Kelly Kirch Time for Love

Anny Cook Honeysuckle


Don't forget to check out Amarinda's Place for more info on the Eternally Yours contest at www.amarindajones.blogspot.com


Now that I've promoted a Valentines Day Contest... what is it with Valentines Day? Why do we celebrate it? Why the flowers and candy and jewelry? Why do women deserve all the goodies and why to they expect the guys to pay for all the loot?


This is to the house hunk.


Personally, I don't like cut flowers. It seems wasteful to buy somebody a bunch of flowers that are going to whither and die in a week. Then I have to come up with someplace to put the vase (because of course I can't just toss it out!) I would much rather receive a plant... maybe a purple gloxinia or something like that. And in any case, I like to pick out my own plants.


Then there's candy. You know the chocolates that come in a little heart shaped box and taste like sweet wax... Who thought up the idea of that anyway? Every shop in America had a display right inside the door especially for the guys--in case they wait until the last minute. No need to go searching for the Valentines Day candy. Just walk in, grab the first box, trot around the flower case (located right next to the candy), grab a bunch of flowers, snag a heart balloon as you pass that display (next to the flowers) and you're on your way. Supposedly I will be so overwhelmed that I'll forgive you for not remembering the gushy card that we both find embarrassing.


Ick. I would rather have a Hershey bar. With almonds. Make that two of them. Then I won't have to share mine because I can give you the other one.


Jewelry. I don't wear it. Save your money so you can retire some day.


So I suppose you want to know what I would want if I "celebrated" Valentines Day. By the way, why do we use that phrase? What are we celebrating? Our ability to con a bunch of expensive stuff from some hapless schmuck? Shame on us.


Back to my imaginary list.


Do the dishes.


Vacuum the living room.


Change the sheets on the bed. (That's to get me "in the mood.")


Watch Undercover Blues or Crocodile Dundee with me. I like to laugh. Laughter--the real deal--is very sexy.


Brush my hair.


Rub my back.


Massage my feet.


Light one candle and put on that Josh Groban CD.


And I'll give you a night to remember.


Anny

9 comments:

  1. I love cut flowers. I buy them all the time. And, as always, you are right. It's the small, everyday things people can do to show how much another means to them. There does not have to be a 'day' for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like wild flowers. You don't often find them uncut. They also last longer than roses, which I think are overdone. Daisies are pretty. So are tulips. I love tulips. As for chocolate, de Baers is Queen of yumminess. But they are spendy so just get me one, a Cassia specialty square. Then hold my hand or smile at me randomly. I'm all yours, baby. But it doesn't have to be on th 14th.

    What DOES have to be on the 14th? My book purchase!!! Time for Love. I'll blow you kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rub my back and massage my feet, and I will buy the roses this year. That's what I'll tell my DH. Thanks Anny for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel free... maybe even add some of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a brilliant list - I love foot rubs and having my hair played with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay...my comment seems to have been lost...must be my turn for blogger ha ha...

    I love dark red or yellow tulips...no two-toned:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like flowers, but I'd never turn down a foot massage;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Valentine's Day list. Actually, I'd take anything because the thought counts, but what I'd really like is help around the house, a CD, a plant, a stuffed bear... I've been getting V-Day candy all week from my coworkers at the day job.

    ReplyDelete