Thursday, January 1, 2009

Long Day

The wind is howling, the windchimes are blinging. I'm tired. Yesterday I started out the day at Michael's in search of more beads for the promo piks I'm finishing up for the Australian Romance convention. The wind was blowing so hard it nearly swept me off my feet and I'm not small lightweight.

On the way to the store, I ran into a strange little mini-blizzard. Black clouds, thunder and snow. Very odd.

Anyway, after buying out the store, I returned home to bead my little fingers off. Around three o'clock the house hunk asked what we were having for dinner. When I proposed that we go out for a steak, he couldn't get dressed fast enough.

Back out into the wind for the drive to Texas Roadhouse. A fabulous steak and the trimmings livened up the promise for a quiet evening. Back to the house for more beading.

Sammie, the cat meowed until I went to check her food and water. Both were on the skimpy side so I fed her and took her water bowl to refill... except that there wasn't any water. Seems that something somewhere broke. So a large area (about ten miles long) had no water. On New Years Eve.

The water was turned back on at midnight. That seems a good omen for the new year. And the wind died down a little. Yep, those are both excellent look outs for this new year, 2009.

And today... well, there's more beading to finish, but it's a new day with new opportunities and possibilities.

Happy New Year.

anny

3 comments:

  1. Yep - looking forward to handing them out at the convention

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those piks were amazing Anny. I have no doubt that you will find your site flooded after the convention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad the water came back. We lost power for three hours on New Year's day...the fun never ends, does it?

    ReplyDelete