Thursday, June 10, 2010

Weekly Whine

Today I went to the doctor for a follow up appointment for my CT scan. Contrary to any anxiety, it appears I'm not ready to kick the bucket yet. Instead, as the doc said, "We're watching it." And I'll go back for another CT scan in six months. Next stop will be the endocrinologist. What fun.

When I dragged my butt in the door I was greeted with a notice indicating the maintenance department for my apartment complex will be doing their Quarterly Unit Inspections. Sigh. I don't feel like dealing with this right now. I also have company arriving next week. And I really, really planned to write this week.

Oh, yeah. I have a cold. My head hurts, my ear aches, and my nose is running.

Okay. Whine over.

My company is a cousin I haven't seen in...years. I'm four days older than her--a fact she never forgets. She's never visited me here so I'm thrilled to death that she's coming to see me.

The household have all promised to help clean and reorganize. Actually, they'll do a better job than I would, anyway. And it'll look good when the guys show up.

And the health thing? Well, I've been waking up every morning to face beautiful days. Can't really complain, can I? Colds only last ten days. Herbal tea is good. And I sound pathetic enough everyone steers clear. Not bad.

Don't forget to check out the newest wip excerpt. Have a great day.

anny

5 comments:

  1. I'm waaaay too messy for the inspection thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. See that's why you have a pair of full-time house hunks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweetie, feel better! I have the same problem with a cousin - I'm three days older and she never lets me forget.

    ReplyDelete