Monday, December 14, 2009

Tagggggged!


My critique partner, Cindy, tagged me with this meme. I'm still considering who I might tag, so I'll reserve my three choices for a couple days. In the meantime...

1. What’s the last thing you wrote? What’s the first thing you wrote that you still have?

Last thing: Last thing I finished was Larkspur, a free read that is part of the Flowers of Camelot series for Ellora’s Cave. First thing: Is a "jumpstart" set on the planet Lycos. And that is all it is as this point.

2. Write poetry?
No.

3. Angsty poetry?
DEFINITELY not.

4. Favorite genre of writing?

Romance. Mostly paranormals though not by design.

5. Most annoying character you’ve ever created?

I have no idea. Perhaps Nigel, Morgana's son in Daffodil.

6. Best plot you’ve ever created?

It's probably a toss up between Love Never-Ending and one of my current wips that I'm simply calling Vampire for the moment.

7. Coolest plot twist you’ve ever created?

Huh. I have no idea. Perhaps the ending of Prisoner of the Heart.

8. How often do you get writer’s block?
Not often. Mostly when I don't write, it's because life is interfering.

9. Write fan fiction?
No. Fan fiction was well past my time.

10. Do you type or write by hand?
Way back in the beginning I wrote by hand. Now I seldom do that except when I'm trying to work out a very short difficult piece.

11. Do you save everything you write?
Mostly.

12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you’ve abandoned it?
Frequently.

13. What’s your favorite thing you’ve ever written?
Love Never-Ending. Although the three wips I'm working on now are also quite intriguing.

14. What’s everyone else’s favorite story that you’ve written?
I have no idea. The one that sold the best was Kama Sutra Lovers.

15. Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
Romance is what I write. Angsty teen drama? Not in this lifetime.

16. What’s your favorite setting for your characters?
Whatever's in my head mostly, though I spent the most time on Mystic Valley.

17. How many writing projects are you working on right now?
Three, mostly. Although I have worked on as many as five at one time.

18. Have you ever won an award for your writing?
Actually, in October at RomantiCon I won an award for Love Never-Ending for creative worldbuilding.

19. What are your five favorite words?
Love, Faith, Hope, Generosity, and Trust.

20. What character have you created that is most like yourself?
Delilah Jericho.

21. Where do you get ideas for your characters?
I have no idea. Generally, they just appear in my head, wanting to get out.

22. Do you ever write based on your dreams?
No. I think I once had a dream that persuaded me to change a book. That is a very rare occurance.

23. Do you favor happy endings?
Always. Personally, I don't like reading books without happy endings.

24. Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
Absolutely. That doesn't mean I catch all of them.

25. Does music help you write?
No. Mostly it just gives me a headache.

26. Quote something you’ve written. Whatever pops into your head.
From Prisoner of the Heart~~

He stood and helped her to her feet before stepping out of the tub. Kissing between strokes and pats, they made a sketchy business of drying off before moving into the bedroom. She halted next to the bed, taking in the lit candles and flowers. “It’s beautiful.”

You’re beautiful. The candles are just background.”

anny

1 comment: